Apple introduces an all-new eighth-generation iPad, featuring the A12 Bionic chip that brings the Neural Engine to the entry iPad for the first time. The new iPad Air 8th Generation comes with a 10.2 retina display along with Touch ID, Stereo speakers, Dual microphones, and more.
“We’re excited to offer customers an even faster and more powerful experience with the eighth-generation iPad,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “With its beautiful 10.2-inch Retina display, the performance boost from the A12 Bionic, great cameras, and so much more, the new iPad is an incredible value at a time when, more than ever, our customers need powerful and versatile ways to work, play, learn, and connect with loved ones.”
Specifications of iPad air 2020
- 10.2-inch (2160 x 1620pixels) Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPIOcta-Core A12 Bionic 7nm chip with 64-bit architecture
- 32GB/128GB variants
- iOS 14
- 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- Gigabit 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Touch ID, Stereo speakers, Dual microphones
- Dimensions: 250.6x 174.1x 7.5mm;
- Weight: 490g (Wi-Fi) / 495g (4G)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network, USB Type-C power adapter
The new iPad (8th generation) comes with Apple A12 Bionic chip. Apple says A12 Bionic chip delivers a huge leap in performance, with 40 percent faster CPU performance and twice the graphics capability.2 This makes the new iPad up to two times faster than the top-selling Windows laptop, up to three times faster than the top-selling Android tablet and up to six times faster than the top-selling Chromebook.
With iPad 14 OS, apple also adds a new experience to the Apple iPad 8th generation tablet and making it of the best affordable apple ipads in India.
Lastly, The new eighth-generation iPad is designed to be environmentally friendly and supports Apple’s plan to become carbon neutral by 2030. iPad uses a 100 percent recycled aluminum enclosure and 100 percent recycled tin for the solder on its main logic board, remains free of harmful substances, is highly energy-efficient, and uses wood fiber packaging that is recycled or comes from responsibly managed forests.
Pricing and availability of new iPad 8th Generation
The Apple iPad 8th Gen comes in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold colors start at Rs. 29,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi version and Rs. 37900 for the 128GB WiFi version. The 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular version costs Rs. 41,900 and the 128GB version of it are priced at Rs. 48,900. Apple Pencil (1st generation) costs Rs. 8500, Smart Keyboard for iPad costs Rs. 13900, Smart Covers for iPad are available for Rs. 4500. The new iPad (8th generation) will be available soon at Apple Authorised Resellers in India.