- Apple has asked Foxconn to move some iPad and MacBook manufacturing capacity to Vietnam, Reuters reports.
- The assembly lines are set to start production in the first half of next year at Foxconn’s Bac Giang province, according to Reuters ’ source, who notes that Apple wants to diversify its supply chain due to the ongoing trade disputes between the US and China.
- Reuters ’ report doesn’t state which iPad or Mac models will be assembled in Vietnam, nor what proportion of Apple’s total production will shift out of China.
- But these wouldn’t be the first Apple products to be assembled in Vietnam — Apple started producing AirPods Pro units there earlier this year Vietnam.
- The report also claims the contract manufacturer also plans to make television sets at the Vietnam plant for clients including Japan’s Sony Corp, with the beginning of such production slated for late 2020 to early 2021.
What do various symbols and icons mean on Spotify?
Looking to cancel your Kindle subscription? Here is the detailed guide on How to cancel kindle unlimited subscription India
In an interview with WSJ’s Joanna Stern, LinkedIn CEO Ryan Roslansky explains why the professional network has seen a surge in Gen Z users and details some new features, including a no-politics button.