Searching for the best file-sharing apps? We’ve rounded up a list of the best file-sharing apps for Android. This post showcases the top-rated file-sharing apps for Android and provides a brief introduction to each one.
What are file-sharing apps and how do they work ?
File sharing apps are used for transferring files from one device to another. The concept is based on networking, where a sender and a receiver act as their own server for sending and receiving files between them with no third-party server included. This method is called as peer to peer sharing or P2P. Most of the file-sharing apps work using Peer to Peer connections.
Best file sharing apps for Android
- Share Me
- Files by Google
- Send Anywhere
- Jio Switch
- Google Play Store in-built sharing feature
- Send Files to TV
1. Share me
Share me is a popular app for file sharing build by the popular mobile brand Xiaomi. The apps Works on all Android devices including Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo, OnePlus, Vivo, LG, RealMe, and more. The app uses a P2P file transfer tool that works without connecting to the internet.
Using this app you can share images, videos, music, apps, and files between mobile devices. You cannot share files between different platforms. The best thing about this app is there are no ads. The app interfaces a simple, clean, and user-friendly transfer files interface.
The size of the app is about 6.6 M.B in size available for free to download on Google Play Store.
- Transfer & share all kinds of files
- Quickly share images, videos, music, apps, and files between mobile devices anytime and anywhere you want, you can shareit all.
- Share files without the Internet
- Transfer files without using mobile data or connecting to the network at all. Free of network connection. Free of internet. Free of mobile data.
- Lightning fast speed
- ShareMe transfers files really fast, 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
- Transfer files between all Android devices
- Intuitive and friendly UI
- ShareMe has simple, clean, and user-friendly transfer files interface. All files are sorted into categories(e.g., Music, Apps, Images) which makes them easy to find and share.
- Resume interrupted transfers
- The only Ad-Free file transfer tool in market
- Send large files without limitation
- Multiple languages supported: हिंदी, मराठी, অসমীয়া, বাংলা, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, ગુજરાતી, ଓଡ଼ିଆ, தமிழ், తెలుగు, ಕನ್ನಡ, മലയാളം, English, اردو etc.
2. Files by Google
Files by Google
Files by Google is a file manager app that works also as file sharing app between devices. Like any other Google app, files by Google clean and neat UI, the best user experience, and fast sharing options. You can share files between devices once the app is installed on both devices.
It is secured with WPA2 encryption, providing a more secure file transfer. Files app uses Bluetooth to set up encrypted and direct fast wifi connections.
To share files on Files by Google, install the app, open the app, and tap on the Share button in the button navigation panel. Once you are in tap on send or receive depending on your need and give location permission and connect devices. Now you can share files between two devices. The app also lets you scan via QR codes for a better and fast connection.
- Free up space with cleaning recommendations
- Find files faster with search and simple browsing
- Share files offline with others, fast and without data
- Back up files to the cloud to save space on your device
3. Send anywhere
Send anywhere is another peer-to-peer file-sharing app that is gaining popularity recently. The app allows you to share files between cross-platform networks. You can use Send Anywhere to share files securely between iOS and Android devices, and PCs and Macs. Additionally, the app also lets you skip the sign-up process. You can start using the service without needing to provide your email or Facebook credentials.
Along with peer-to-peer file sharing, anywhere file sharing app also lets you share files via the cloud ( like Google driver and dropbox) Unlike with Dropbox or Google Drive, Send Anywhere keeps uploaded files only temporarily ( 24 hours).
- Transfer any file type without altering the original
- All you need is a one-time 6-digit key for an easy file transfer
- Wi-Fi Direct: transfer without using data or the Internet
- Easy link sharing via all Social Media and Messenger Apps
- Reinforced file encryption (256-bit)
How to send files
This is the perfect option for people looking to share files between cross-platform devices. The app doesn’t come with ads, the experience is really good while using. The size of the app is about 23 M.B in size and is available for free to download on Google and Apple App Store, web store, windows, macOS, and even as a WordPress plugin.
4. Jio switch
Jio switch is another simple file-sharing app build by Reliance Jio. The app works just the same as we are transferring files using the traditional apps like share it, xender, MiDrop, etc. The app uses a local peer-to-peer connection to transfer files between devices.
The experience while using the app is fair and simple. It doesn’t come with ads. Both sender and receiver need to install the app to transfer files between them. The transfer speed is also good.
How To Share Files Using the JioSwitch app
- Select the file(s) that you wish to transfer to the Jio Phone and press the “DONE” button.
- Press the “Send” button.
- Now on the Jio phone device to which you want to transfer the files, Open the Jio Switch application and press “Receive”
The size of the app is just 5 M.B and is available for free to download on Google Play Store.
5. Google play store
Google recently added an in-built app sharing feature on Google Play Store that lets you share your apps with your friends. This is really a handy feature if you don’t want the download the same app twice. For example: if your friend has an updated version of the same app on your phone, you can use in-built share to update the app on your smartphone without needing to download using your mobile data
Users can share free apps and updates and are not allowed to share paid apps, books, movies, music, corp apps.
- Open the Play Store Google Play.
- In the left navigation menu, tap Menu Menu and then My apps & games.
- In the “Overview” tab, next to “Share apps,” tap Send.
- Select which apps to share.
- Tap Send Send.
- That person must tap Receive in Google Play.
- After the sender shares the apps, wait for a pairing code. If the code matches the code on your friend’s phone, tap Receive.
- Make sure that the pairing code you get matches the one on your friend’s phone.
- After your friend downloads the apps, at the top right, tap Disconnect.
The app only works on an android smartphone that has Google services built in. The app is free to use. If it doesn’t show on your device, make sure that your android smartphone is running on android 7 or above and for troubleshooting, update the app to the latest version.
6. Send files to TV
Send files to TV is really a handy app that allows you to connect to your TV and transfer files into your TV. The app uses SFTTV connect that lets you use a local Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot to share files.
The app works on Windows, macOS, and Linux, Android smartphones, android smart TV systems. To share files, Install the application on your TV and on your mobile device. Before starting, check that both devices are connected to the same wifi network. Once you installed open the app, tap on send, select the device, select files to start sharing.
The experience is really simple and Easy. It doesn’t come with ads. The size of the app is about 4 MB in size and is available for free on all major devices.
Airdroid is a popular file-sharing platform that lets you control your android smartphone using your P.C. This is the best option for people looking to set up a pro-level file-sharing platform between your devices.
To use airdroid, you’ll need to install AirDroid on your Android, create a free account, and then install the app on your Windows or macOS computer. Once you connected the app allows you to mirror your Android screen, running apps remotely, and sending text messages from your computer, copying files from android to P.C and more. Here is the comprehensive guide from wikiHow on how to set up Airdroid on android.
Features of Airdroid
- AirDroid Personal allows you to transfer files across different platforms (Android/iOS/Windows/Mac/Linux) without using a USB cable.
- You can share files through AirDroid Personal to your friends directly. If you are under the same network, you can use the Nearby feature to transfer files with each other too.
- If you prefer to use a computer to control your Android devices, you can use AirMirror on AirDroid Personal Desktop client to on AirDroid Personal Web client
In share is the best app if you are looking for alternatives to Share me and Jio Switch. The size of the app is about 11M and is available for free to download on Google Playstore.
- Support all Android devices
- Cross-platform: Share with Android, iOS, Jio Phone, KaiOS, Mac, Windows…
- Smart replication: transfer data from old phone to a new one
- One tap to send files or receive up to 40Mb/s
- User-friendly design with opening, installing, viewing options
- Powerful file manager with file sorting/searching
- Share music, share videos, share apps and all types of file
- Multiple Indian languages supported: Best transfer for India.
- Free of network connection
- Over 30 languages supported
Zapya is another popular file-sharing app that allows you to transfer files from Android devices, iOS devices, and/to your PC without using Wi-Fi or mobile data. You can use offline sharing by creating a group and invite others to join it, generate a personalized QR code for others to scan, shake to connect to another device, or simply send files to those nearby. The app also lets you upload files to the browser and download them using an internet connection.
Other best File-sharing apps for Android
- XShare – Transfer & Share all files without data – Download
- WiFi File Transfer – Download
- Portal – WiFi File Transfers – Download
So, Those are the list of best file-sharing apps on Android. Every app in this list has its own advantages. Hope you like this article helpful. If you have any suggestions, Suggest us at Suggestions
More Best Apps for Android
- 10 Best Screen Recorder Apps for Android
- 10 Best Poster Maker Apps For Android
- 10 Best Video Editing Apps for Android, According to Experts
- 5 Best Automation Apps for Android to Save Time
- Best Logo Maker Apps for Android: 21 Apps to Design Professional Logos