The world we live in today is a competitive one. Technology and innovation have introduced new ways of learning and teaching. The introduction of technology has given rise to a new way of life: the digital age. There are many well-known educational institutes all over the world, but not all of them can be afforded by everyone. If you want to get ahead without breaking your bank, then there are some free educational apps that will help you do just that! Here, are some free educational apps that will give you a competitive edge for this digital age.
5 Free Education Apps in India
Coursera is one the best app when it comes to education. I use it personally and I really love what it offers. From students to high skilled people who are looking to learn something new in the best way Coursera is the one you should go first.
Coursera offers a wide variety of courses. You can learn almost any course for free. Even though the complete specializations are paid you can get access to individual courses for free. You can simply audit the course. Here is the full tutorial showing how to get a Coursera course for free.
The best thing about this app is there is no restricted content. The content is open for all you no need to complete a particular course to unlock the remaining. There are no ads. You can stream directly online from the app or download the content for free.
The app is available for free on both Google Play and Apple app stores. You can download it now and start learning for free. Alternatively, you can also try edx another best popular education app. The down thing is few courses are paid.
Coursera partners with more than 200 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. We offer a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs.
- Single courses from 3000-7000 rupees in India
- Multi-course Specialization and Professional Certificate subscriptions from 3000-7000 rupees in India per month
- MasterTrack™ Certificates from 1,50,000 rupees in India
- And apply to Degrees ranging from 7,00,000 rupees in India
How to enroll in Coursera course for free
On each course page, look for a link to Audit the course. You must first browse to the single course page because the Audit option is not available on the Specialization, MasterTrack, or Professional Certificate pages.
YouTube is the most popular and we’ll know social video platform which has a lot of talented creators that constantly create amazing videos. You can find almost any educational video on YouTube. From kids to professional degrees there are always are a bunch of videos to get started.
To get started, here is a selection of some of the top instructional YouTube channels. The sole disadvantage of watching videos on YouTube is the presence of advertisements. Ads assist producers in generating revenue so that they can continue to exist. There is an easy technique to get rid of adverts on YouTube if you don’t like them. If you find any of the videos helpful, you can vote for the creator by clicking the join button. This encourages the creator to create more free videos for you.
All devices come with YouTube pre-installed. You may get it through the Google Play and Apple app stores if you want. For those with low-end devices, there is also a go version. You may get it right now and start using it.
- Browse personal recommendations on Home
- See the latest from your favorite channels in Subscriptions
- Look up videos you’ve watched, liked, and saved for later in Library
- Explore different topics, what’s popular, and on the rise (available in select countries)
- Stay up to date on what’s popular in music, gaming, beauty, news, learning and more
- See what’s trending on YouTube and around the world on Explore
- Learn about the coolest Creators, Gamers, and Artists on the Rise (available in select countries)
- Connect with the YouTube community
- Keep up with your favorite creators with Posts, Stories, Premieres, and Live streams
- Join the conversation with comments and interact with creators and other community members
- Create content from your mobile device
- Create or upload your own videos directly in the app
- Engage with your audience in real-time with live streaming right from the app
- Find the experience that fits you and your family (available in select countries)
- Every family has its own approach to online video. Learn about your options: the YouTube Kids app or a new parent supervised experience on YouTube at youtube.com/myfamily
- Support creators, you love with channel memberships (available in select countries)
- Join channels that offer paid monthly memberships and support their work
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel & become part of their member’s community
- Stand out in comments and live chats with a loyalty badge next to your username
Also read: Best Tablets in India for online education
3. Khan academy
Khan academy is the greatest place to go if you are looking for proper online courses that match basic and secondary education in India. The group provides brief lessons in the form of films with the goal of providing free education to all. It also has supplemental practice tasks and tools for instructors on its website.
I used this app to learn when I was in 10th grade, and after a long time, I reinstalled it to test it, and it has greatly improved. It is now even better and more modern, with the same high-quality material.
You can download Khan academy from Google Play Store and Apple app store for free.
- Over 10,000 videos and practice exercises on math and science. All content mapped to NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- Master math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and more.
- Learn at your pace and build a strong foundation to do well in school, boards, CAT, GMAT, IIT-JEE and other exams.
- Interactive practice exercises and unit tests for exam preparation
- Over 40,000 interactive practice exercises with instant feedback and step-by-step hints.
- Prepare for your exams with quizzes and unit tests in math from classes 1-12 for NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- Get personalized recommendations on exercises to focus on and related videos to help you in exam preparation.
- Keep learning even when you’re offline
- Bookmark your favourite content for easy access, and download it to keep learning even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Teachers: Assign homework and practice on Khan Academy
- Teachers can now assign homework aligned to NCERT and CBSE syllabus in the form of videos, articles, and exercises across a range of subjects and grades.
- Homework can be assigned to an entire class or to specific students.
- Students would be able to see and complete these assignments on the Khan Academy learning app.
- Teachers can track progress and gather insights in real-time.
- All of the above teacher functionalities can be accessed directly at www.khanacademy.org, not on the app.
- Key facts about Khan Academy
- Our mission is to make free, world-class education available to millions of learners in India and around the world.
- Khan Academy in India is a Section 8 registered nonprofit organization and is supported by Tata Trusts and CSF.
- Today, Khan Academy is used by over 120 million learners in 190+ countries around the globe.
- Our resources include 10,000+ videos and 50,000+ exercises in math, biology, chemistry, physics, history, economics, finance, grammar, preschool learning, and more aligned to NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- More than 200,00 teachers in India use Khan Academy to make their class more engaging with videos, to assign practice problems as homework, and to provide personalized attention to students using Khan Academy’s learning app and coach dashboard.
4. Khan academy Kids
While researching for this article, I decided to include an educational app for children and came across Khan Academy Kids. The group also created a specific app for children to teach them without spending any money.
According to the organization, Parents can choose lessons from the app’s library for their kids or use the personalized learning path that automatically adjusts to each child’s level. Teachers can quickly and easily find lessons by standard, make assignments, and monitor student progress through a suite of teacher tools.
The app is available on Google and Apple app stores for free. You can download the app right now and help kids learn in a fun way.
- ROBUST CURRICULUM
- •Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and comprehension
- Language—vocabulary and parts of speech
- Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
- Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
- Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace
- Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos
- Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration
- JOYFUL LEARNING
- Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn
- Highly interactive educational games and activities
- EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
- Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
- CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
- Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
So those are the list of best free apps for education in India. Hope you find them helpful. We will keep on adding the list and if you have any suggestions to make you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions.