The world we live in today is a competitive one. Technology and innovation have introduced new ways of learning and teaching. The introduction of technology has given rise to a new way of life: the digital age. There are many well-known educational institutes all over the world, but not all of them can be afforded by everyone. If you want to get ahead without breaking your bank, then there are some free educational apps that will help you do just that! Here, are some free educational apps that will give you a competitive edge in this digital age.
10 Free Education Apps in India
Coursera is one the best app when it comes to education. I use it personally and I really love what it offers. From students to high skilled people who are looking to learn something new in the best way Coursera is the one you should go to first.
Coursera offers a wide variety of courses. You can learn almost any course for free. Even though the complete specializations are paid you can get access to individual courses for free. You can simply audit the course. Here are the full steps showing how to get a Coursera course for free.
How to enroll in Coursera course for free
On each course page, look for a link to Audit the course. You must first browse to the single course page because the Audit option is not available on the Specialization, MasterTrack, or Professional Certificate pages you need to visit the individual course to audit. For example: If the specialization contains 7 courses you need to audit each course individually.
The best thing about this app is there is no restricted content. The content is open for all you no need to complete a particular course to unlock the remaining. There are no ads. You can stream directly online from the app or download the content for free.
The app is available for free on both Google Play and Apple app stores. You can download it now and start learning for free. Alternatively, you can also try edx another best popular education app. The down thing is few courses are paid.
Coursera partners with more than 200 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. We offer a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs.
- Single courses from 3000-7000 rupees in India
- Multi-course Specialization and Professional Certificate subscriptions from 3000-7000 rupees in India per month
- MasterTrack™ Certificates from 1,50,000 rupees in India
- And apply to Degrees ranging from 7,00,000 rupees in India
The app also has the best courses for the fastest-growing fields like business, management, marketing, finance, accounting, math, design, cybersecurity, power bi, software engineering, and more.
- Online classes in data science, blockchain, python, project management and more
- Test your knowledge with quizzes and exams as you advance through each course
- Search any subject from HTML programming to digital marketing and more
- Courses in accounting, marketing management, digital marketing, marketing analytics, finance, economics, IT, supply chain, entrepreneurship, operations management, health care administration, fintech, public speaking.
- Mathematics – from high school to college-level math courses, master calculus, statistics, and algebra.
- Science & Engineering – Top online courses in biology, anatomy, life science, chemistry, physics, and various engineering courses including manufacturing, material science, robotics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and civil engineering.
- Learn Spanish, Chinese, French, English, and even sign language.
3. Montessori Preschool
If you want the best education for your children, Montessori Preschool is the best app for you. Kids can learn lessons in a fun and easy way by using the app. The app provides very basic content for children in grades lower than one and also for pre-school kids.
The maths curriculum covers learning to count, recognize numbers, trace them… from zero to 1 million. Introduction to addition and subtraction using Montessori materials are also available, offers pre-coding and reasoning games., children can play with the school’s hamster and pig in 3D and more.
- A comprehensive Montessori 3-7 years old environment to learn by doing
- Regular updates and new content to make the app forever captivating!
- An enchanting digital classroom to make learning fun and simple for children at every stage
- 4 broad areas of learning grounded in the fundamentals of Montessori: self-correction, autonomy, self-confidence and adaptability
- A fun “reward“ system for increased motivation
- Parents/teachers benefit from a tailor-made dashboard that tracks each child’s progress and suggests the next activity.
YouTube is the most popular and we’ll know social video platform which has a lot of talented creators that constantly create amazing videos. You can find almost any educational video on YouTube. From kids to professional degrees there are always are a bunch of videos to get started.
To get started, here is a selection of some of the top instructional YouTube channels. The sole disadvantage of watching videos on YouTube is the presence of advertisements. Ads assist producers in generating revenue so that they can continue to exist. There is an easy technique to get rid of adverts on YouTube if you don’t like them. If you find any of the videos helpful, you can vote for the creator by clicking the join button. This encourages the creator to create more free videos for you.
All devices come with YouTube pre-installed. You may get it through the Google Play and Apple app stores if you want. For those with low-end devices, there is also a go version. You may get it right now and start using it.
- Browse personal recommendations on Home
- See the latest from your favorite channels in Subscriptions
- Look up videos you’ve watched, liked, and saved for later in Library
- Explore different topics, what’s popular, and on the rise (available in select countries)
- Stay up to date on what’s popular in music, gaming, beauty, news, learning and more
- See what’s trending on YouTube and around the world on Explore
- Learn about the coolest Creators, Gamers, and Artists on the Rise (available in select countries)
- Connect with the YouTube community
- Keep up with your favorite creators with Posts, Stories, Premieres, and Live streams
- Join the conversation with comments and interact with creators and other community members
- Create content from your mobile device
- Create or upload your own videos directly in the app
- Engage with your audience in real-time with live streaming right from the app
- Find the experience that fits you and your family (available in select countries)
- Every family has its own approach to online video. Learn about your options: the YouTube Kids app or a new parent supervised experience on YouTube at youtube.com/myfamily
- Support creators, you love with channel memberships (available in select countries)
- Join channels that offer paid monthly memberships and support their work
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel & become part of their member’s community
- Stand out in comments and live chats with a loyalty badge next to your username
Also read: Best Tablets in India for online education
5. Khan academy
Khan academy is the greatest place to go if you are looking for proper online courses that match basic and secondary education in India. The group provides brief lessons in the form of films with the goal of providing free education to all. It also has supplemental practice tasks and tools for instructors on its website.
I used this app to learn when I was in 10th grade, and after a long time, I reinstalled it to test it, and it has greatly improved. It is now even better and more modern, with the same high-quality material.
You can download Khan academy from Google Play Store and Apple app store for free.
- Over 10,000 videos and practice exercises on math and science. All content mapped to NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- Master math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and more.
- Learn at your pace and build a strong foundation to do well in school, boards, CAT, GMAT, IIT-JEE and other exams.
- Interactive practice exercises and unit tests for exam preparation
- Over 40,000 interactive practice exercises with instant feedback and step-by-step hints.
- Prepare for your exams with quizzes and unit tests in math from classes 1-12 for NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- Get personalized recommendations on exercises to focus on and related videos to help you in exam preparation.
- Keep learning even when you’re offline
- Bookmark your favourite content for easy access, and download it to keep learning even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Teachers: Assign homework and practice on Khan Academy
- Teachers can now assign homework aligned to NCERT and CBSE syllabus in the form of videos, articles, and exercises across a range of subjects and grades.
- Homework can be assigned to an entire class or to specific students.
- Students would be able to see and complete these assignments on the Khan Academy learning app.
- Teachers can track progress and gather insights in real-time.
- All of the above teacher functionalities can be accessed directly at www.khanacademy.org, not on the app.
- Key facts about Khan Academy
- Our mission is to make free, world-class education available to millions of learners in India and around the world.
- Khan Academy in India is a Section 8 registered nonprofit organization and is supported by Tata Trusts and CSF.
- Today, Khan Academy is used by over 120 million learners in 190+ countries around the globe.
- Our resources include 10,000+ videos and 50,000+ exercises in math, biology, chemistry, physics, history, economics, finance, grammar, preschool learning, and more aligned to NCERT and CBSE syllabus.
- More than 200,00 teachers in India use Khan Academy to make their class more engaging with videos, to assign practice problems as homework, and to provide personalized attention to students using Khan Academy’s learning app and coach dashboard.
6. Khan academy Kids
While researching for this article, I decided to include an educational app for children and came across Khan Academy Kids. The group also created a specific app for children to teach them without spending any money.
According to the organization, Parents can choose lessons from the app’s library for their kids or use the personalized learning path that automatically adjusts to each child’s level. Teachers can quickly and easily find lessons by standard, make assignments, and monitor student progress through a suite of teacher tools.
The app is available on Google and Apple app stores for free. You can download the app right now and help kids learn in a fun way.
- ROBUST CURRICULUM
- •Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and comprehension
- Language—vocabulary and parts of speech
- Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
- Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
- Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace
- Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos
- Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration
- JOYFUL LEARNING
- Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn
- Highly interactive educational games and activities
- EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
- Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
- CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
- Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
7. Readalong by Google
Read Along is a reading app that is available for free on Android devices and helps kids have fun while they are learning to read. The app is built by Google offering a rich user experience.
The app is available in several different languages including English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Spanish, and Portuguese. The app has hundreds of illustrated stories, each of which can be read at one of several different difficulty levels.
After choosing a story, children then begin reading aloud into the microphone of their respective devices. Words that have been correctly said are underlined in blue, and words that have been mispronounced are underlined in red. If you click on an underlined word, a virtual assistant named Diya will help you correctly pronounce the term.
- Fun game-like experience: There are hundreds of stories and word games available in nine languages, including English and Spanish, to keep young minds active. Gain confidence in reading aloud through instantaneous recognition with stars and badges
- Encourage all young students to learn at their own pace and keep track of their own development. Each student has a unique profile and advances on their own reading journey based on recommendations.
- Free with no advertisements or upsells: Keep kids focused on what’s essential – reading – and rest assured that there are no in-app purchases.
- No Wi-Fi or data required: Once downloaded, providing a rich learning experience while alleviating concerns around unsupervised Internet access. • Private and secure: Read Along requires no name, age, geographical location, contact information, email address, or phone number. Moreover, voice data is evaluated in real-time on the device, but is neither saved nor transmitted to Google servers.
8. LinkedIn Learning
Linked popular professional networking website on the internet has their own learning platform to improve skills. Most of the content on this platform is paid but sometimes the app offers content for free. In 2015, LinkedIn purchased Lynda.com. One of the most well-known names in the market was the popular skill-based learning service. Now LinkedIn has integrated all Lynda’s courses to linked in.
- Access 16,000+ courses in business, tech and creative with more added each month
- Get personalized course recommendations
- Download courses for offline viewing
- Explore curated courses for a guided learning experience
- Save courses to watch later
- Watch entire courses or individual videos at your own pace
- Share courses with your network
- Add certificates of completion to your LinkedIn profile
- Access to LinkedIn Premium networking tools, and exclusive insights like Who’s Viewed Your Profile
9. Skill Share
Skillshare is the best app to get started if you want to learn a new skill or improve your existing skills in your spare time. The app includes original, high-quality content that is free to download. Keep in mind that the app is not intended to be free, but some features that may be useful to you are.
- Download the app to watch hundreds of free classes.
- Start your free trial of Skillshare Premium to get unlimited access to our full library of premium, subscription-only classes.
- As a Skillshare Premium Member, you can also download classes to watch offline.
10. Google Digital Garage
Google Digital Garage is a free website built by Google. The website offers free courses that were built by Google itself on Digital marketing, communication, and more. “Google’s Digital Garage is an international non-profit program that promotes digital literacy and provides digital training to aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners”.
- Flexible, learn-at-your-pace digital marketing courses
- Personalised content
- Preparation for soft skills and your future career
- Interview preparation
So those are the list of best free apps for education in India. Hope you find them helpful. We will keep on adding the list and if you have any suggestions to make you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions.