Stuck on a math problem? No problem, thanks to a plethora of apps designed specifically to clear your math doubts for free. Simply scan the problem, upload it to the app, and you will receive an instant solution. These apps are extremely beneficial to students. In this guide, we will look at the top five math problem-solving apps for Android.
Best Math problem solver apps for Android
1. Phantom Math
Phantom math is a popular math solving problem app that lets you find the solution to any math problem. Simple you can type of scan the problem and upload it to the app, the app instantly suggests different solutions offered by different kinds of people.
The solution also can be broken into simple steps and explained further. The app also has animated tutorials that let you understand problems easily.
- Word problem explanations!
- Free to use
- Step-by-step explanations for every solution
- Exclusive how-to animations
- Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem
- Multi-functional scientific calculator
- Interactive graphs
- asic Math/Pre-Algebra: arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, powers, roots, factors
- Algebra: linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, polynomials
- Geometry (specific textbooks only)
- Trigonometry/Precalculus: identities, conic sections, vectors, sequences and series, logarithmic functions
- Calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, curve sketching
- Statistics: combinations, factorials
2. Microsoft Maths Solver
Microsoft the software giant also made its own math solving app. Just like any other app, it lets you type, write, scan problems and upload them to the app. The app scans the problem and suggests solutions based on the math problem.
In addition, the app also offers daily math quizzes, recommended video tutorials that help you to understand the concept, even more, better, and practice worksheets.
- Write a maths equation on screen as you naturally do on paper
- Scan printed or handwritten maths photo
- Type and edit using advanced scientific maths calculator
- Get interactive Step-by-Step explanations 💡 & Graphing calculator 📈
- Import images with maths equations from gallery 🖼️
- Scan and Solve Maths Worksheets with multiple problems
- Search the web for similar problems and video lectures
- Try maths word problems
- Scan and plot x-y data tables for linear/non-linear functions
- Learn math in your language – supports Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and many more
3. Mathematics Calculator
If you are looking for an advanced math calculator to solve your math problem, a maths calculator is the best option for you. Using the app you can calculate math problems, solve equations, and plot them in a 3d graph.
- Calculate any formula you want and show them in a 2d or 3d plot. The natural display shows fractions, roots, and exponents as you would expect it from mathematics.
- In a few seconds, you derivate or integrate your desired function, calculate the zero points of your function and show them in the function plot. See all maxima, minima, or inflection points in one view.
- The easy way of use allows you to solve linear equations in just a moment. Or transform your mathematical, physical, or chemical equation to any unknown variable.
- Do you often need to calculate with binary, octal, or hexadecimal number systems? No problem! You can mix them together in one calculation even by using decimal digits. But that’s not enough! You can also calculate with any other number system with base 2 to 18.
- From time to time you may need to convert units to another one, like Celsius to Fahrenheit, miles to kilometer, inches to a foot, and so on.
- You will also be able to calculate with vectors, matrices, and determinants.
Mathway is a popular community math-solving app that is really helpful if you want to solve more complex math problems. You can select the problem category and type or scan the problem in a very familiar messaging interface.
The app will reply with the best solution possible.
- Basic maths/pre-Algebra (arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, roots, factors and more…)
- Algebra (linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations/inequalities, absolute equations/inequalities, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing and more…)
- Trigonometry/precalculus (trigonometric functions, identities, conic sections, vectors, matrices, complex numbers, sequences and series and more…)
- Calculus (limits, derivatives, integrals and more…)
- Statistics (probability, permutations, combinations and more…)
5. Brainly — Solve Doubts
Brainly, the app is primarily built for solving student doubts. Just like math way, brainly is also a community-based doubt-solving app. You can upload the problem directly by typing or taking a photo.
Using the app you can also view doubts of other people, see solutions and answer them. More than a solving app brainly acts as a student community where students help each other by solving problems.
- Free Homework Help – Brainly is 100% free of charge!
- 24/7 Learning Help – Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime.
- Superfast, Homework Answers and Explanations – Questions are answered within minutes & monitored by moderators.
- Share Your Knowledge – Earn points and gain ranks by helping other students
- NCERT Solutions
- RD Sharma (Maths)
- H.C.Verma (Physics)
- R.S.Aggarwal (Maths)
- Lakhmir Singh (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- D. K. Goel (accountancy)
- T.R. Jain and V.K. Ohri (Economy)
- T.S. Grewal (Accountancy)
- Engineering Entrance Exams (JEE Mains and JEE Advanced (IITs, IIITs and NITs))
- Medical Entrance Exams (NEET, AIIMS and JIPMER)
- CPT (Common Proficiency Test), Certified Management Accountant Exam (CMA), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- NTSE and other national and international olympiads like NSO (National Science Olympiad) and IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad)
- NDA, AFCAT
- BPS, RRB, SBI Clerical/ PO and other Banking Exams
- SSC, UPSC, and other State public service commission exams