FYI: Updated this list recently. Added new TVs from Mi
TV is undoubtedly the most important piece of electronics in your house. Most people spend more time watching TV than on their laptops or phones, so it’s important to have a good TV that can give you an awesome viewing experience. However, this isn’t easy because there are hundreds of models out there with different features and prices. You need to know what to look for in a TV before you shop for one.
Table of Contents
- How to choose the best TV for under 20000 rupees in India
- Best TVs under 20000 rupees in India
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Join the discussion. Find answers, ask questions, and learn more about Television
- You may also Like
How to choose the best TV for under 20000 rupees in India
If you are looking to buy T.V under 20000 rupees, you are most likely offered with the specifications listed below.
Smart vs no smart
It’s 2021 and most of the eCommerce sites still list standard TVs as best selling. If you are looking to buy T.V in 2021 without any doubt you should unquestionably avoid buying standard TVs.
When it comes to smart TVs we have two different types. The smart TV and the android TV.
Smart TVs connect to the internet and help you stream content from the apps like Netflix, YouTube, and more. Unlike android TVs, smart TVs only come with limited features and also most Smart TV operating systems aren’t upgradable so this means that when new apps or services, like Hulu or Kayo, become available you may need to consider buying a whole new TV just to cater to them.
Unlike smart TVs, android TVs offer the most futuristic and rich experience. You can download and install apps directly using the Google play store and control your TV hands-free using Google Assistant. In addition to that companies also provide frequent firmware and app updates to make it better.
And also similar to Android OS, TV companies also use their own custom launchers on top of Android TV software like Xioami Patchwall OS.
Most of the T.Vs at this price range come with 32 inches and all the way to 43 inches. If you are confusing which size is best, You can use the free TV Size to Distance Calculator to get the right T.V size you are looking for.
Most of the T.V under 20000 offer a full HD display which is enough for watching most of the T.V content. However, if you to Watch 4K content you have to make sure that your T.V is capable of playing 4k videos. Most of the videos at this price can’t do it. You need to spend an extra 3000 – 4000 to get a good 4K T.V.
Like smartphones, we do have different Display types on TVs too. The better the display quality, the higher will be the cost. You can go through this article for detailed information.
Coming back, you no need to worry about all the different T.V panels. Most of the TVs under 20000 offer LED displays which are fair enough to watch most of the content. You can check the video to know the differences between LCD vs LED vs OLED.
Sound should not be a concern when you are buying a new TV because of the possibility to make it better. Almost all TVs in the market support an external sound system which you can buy for below 5000 rupees to make your TV sound experience better.
Best Soundbars under 5000 for your T.V
This doesn’t mean a tv under 20000 rupees doesn’t have good sound output. They are fine for our ears. But if you want the most immersive experience like the good old home theatre setups you can choose one. I have listed of best soundbars and TV speakers below in case you are looking for one.
So, those of the most important things you should consider before buying any TV under 20000 rupees in India. To make your buying process easier, I have sort listed some of the best TVs under 20000 keeping all the important factors listed above in mind.
Best TVs under 20000 rupees in India
Oneplus Y1S TV (Overall best Pick)
Mi 4A Horizon Edition (Also Great)
The next pick on our list is Mi 4A Horizon Edition which has 40 inches display with Full HD plus resolution. If you are looking for a 40-inch screen with the best display, Mi 4A Horizon Edition is the best option for you.
Talking about the display it has thin bezels around the screen, which gives it a 95 percent screen-to-body ratio and makes your experience better. It has a 32-inch LED screen with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels which makes it HD Ready.
Mi 4A Horizon Edition runs on patch wall which is custom built by Xiaomi on top of android. Compared to stock android it has features like a user center, a carousel for viewing title posters, new live TV channels added to directly stream from PatchWall itself, and more.
Talking about the connectivity it comes with HDMI ports to connect a set-top box, Blu-ray players, and gaming consoles | 2 USB ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices | 3.5mm to connect your headphones | a S/PDIF port to connect Speakers.
Specifications of Mi 4A Horizon Edition TV
- Dimensions: 89.2 x 8.7 x 55.9 cm
- Weight: 5.48 Kilograms
- Display: 40 Inches Full HD Ready
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz
- Ram and Storage: 1GB | 8GB
- OS: Android TV 9 | Chromecast built-in | PatchWall 4 with IMDb integration
- Supported Apps: Netflix, Youtube, Prime Video, Hotstar, SonyLiv, Hungama, JioCinema, Zee5, Eros Now, Oxygen Play
- Sound: 20 Watts Output | Powerful Stereo Speakers | DTS-HD
- Connectivity: HDMI ports to connect a set-top box, Blu-ray players, gaming console | 2 USB ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices | 3.5mm to connect your headphones | S/PDIF port to connect Speakers
Thomson 9A Series
The next pick in our list is the Thomson 9A Series which comes with 40 inches Full HD screen with a bezeless display and stock android experience for 19000 rupees compared to 21,000 rupees of Mi Tv which we discussed above. If you are looking for 40 inches TV for under 20000 rupees with a good display, and stock android experience Thomson 9A is the best option for you.
Specifications of Thomson 9A Series
- Dimensions: 92.5 cm x 54.5 cm x 11 cm
- Display: Full HD 1920 x 1080 Pixels
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz
- Ram and Storage: 1GB | 8GB
- OS: Android (Google Assistant & Chromecast in-built)
- Supported Apps: Sony LIV, Zee5, Voot, HBO, Eros Now, MX Player TV, Alt Balaji, TVF, Jio Cinema, Tubi TV, and Many More
- Sound: 24 Watts Output
- Connectivity: 3 x HDMI ports, 2 x USB ports, 1 x RF antenna port, 1 x Optical audio out port, 1 x RJ45 Ethernet/LAN port
Blaupunkt, The German brand that makes premium car speakers announced its new TVs in India. The company already sells soundbars in India which we also recommended buying in our best soundbars under 10000 rupees post. Coming back to the TVs, Blaupunkt received very positive feedback from different reviewers in India and the new Blaupunkt Cybersound is no exception. The T.V comes 43 with full HD+ resolution with HDR, 450-nits brightness, Android 9.0 with Built-in Airplay, Chromecast, Google Play Store, Google Assistant, 40W 2-unit Box speakers. If you are looking to buy a TV for under 20000 rupees in India, You can have a look at this TV.
- 42-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with HDR, 450-nits brightness, 5000:1 (Dynamic) Contrast Ratio
- 8 Picture Modes (Standard, Vivid, Soft, Sport, Movie, Monitor, Game, User), Color Temperature, DNR, HDMI
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-450 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory
- Android 9.0 with Built-in Airplay, Chromecast, Google Play Store, Google Assistant
- Google Assistant Enabled Remote, Hot Keys of Prime Video, YouTube, Sony LIV, Sleek, Stylish and Smart Remote
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 3 x HDMI, USB 2.0 x 2, Ethernet, Optical Output, Mini AV
- 40W 2-unit Box speakers
So, those are the list of best TVs under 20000 rupees in India. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Best TV under 20000 rupees in India
If you are looking to buy the best TV under 20000, Add extra cash and buy OnePlus Y Series 100 cm (40 inches) Full HD LED Android TV or if you are strictly considering under 20000 you can go for Kodak 102 cm (40 Inches) Full HD Certified Android LED TV
Join the discussion. Find answers, ask questions, and learn more about Television