Facebook Inc started rolling out a new update for Instagram that will enable you to message your friend on Facebook via Instagram. More than a year ago, Facebook made headlines over the controversial plan to unify the underlying infrastructure of its main chat apps.
Here is everything you should know
- Instagram’s old direct messaging service, Instagram Direct, has been replaced by Messenger, allowing users to send chats, photos and videos between the two platforms for the first time.
- The integration of the two apps requires specific user consent to allow their accounts to be merged, if the user accept the request now will be able to send “selfie stickers”, watch Instagram videos with friends during video calls, and send disappearing messages.
- Facebook said the new features would be rolled out in “a few countries” immediately, and “globally soon”.
Once you accept the request forced by Facebook, now you will able to find your friends on Instagram itself ( which will be available through the messenger icon on top ). Now you will able to access all the chat features on Instagram. In the future Facebook also plans to integrate what’s app with its all messaging Platforms. What do you think about this new integration
Features coming to Instagram messages
- Communicate Across Apps: Seamlessly connect with friends and family across Instagram and Messenger by using either app to send messages and join video calls.
- Watch Together: Enjoy watching videos on Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels (coming soon!), TV shows, movies, and more with friends and family during a video call.
- Vanish Mode: Choose a mode where seen messages disappear after they’re seen or when you close the chat.
- Selfie Stickers: Create a series of boomerang stickers with your selfie to use in conversation.
- Chat Colors: Personalize your chats with fun color gradients.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: Create a shortcut of your favorite emojis to react quickly to messages from friends.
- Forwarding: Easily share great content with up to five friends or groups.
- Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in your chat and keep the conversation flowing.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Decide who can message you directly, and who can’t message you at all.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates: Now you can report full conversations in addition to single messages on Instagram, and receive proactive blocking suggestions across Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts in the new Accounts Center.