If you are taking a meeting in a clumpy background and you worried about your background, No worries. Microsoft Teams lets you change what appears behind you in your video, you can either blur your background or replace it entirely with any image you want.
How to Change your background before a meeting starts
- While you’re setting up your video and audio before joining a meeting, select Background effects
- It’s just to the right of the mic switch. Your background options will display on the right.
- Choose Blur to blur your background. You’ll appear nice and clear while everything behind you is subtly concealed.
- You can also replace your background with one of the images provided, or with one of your own choosing. To use an image of your own, choose to Add new and then select one to upload from your computer. Make sure it’s a .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file.
How to Change your background during a meeting
- To alter your background after you’ve already joined a meeting, go to your meeting controls and select More actions and then Show background effects.
- Select Blur to blur your background, or choose from the available images to replace it. To upload an image of your own, select Add new and pick a .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file from your computer.