Meta, formerly Facebook has announced a new update that brings new 3D avatars to Facebook. Users in the United States, Canada, and Mexico can now show up as their virtual selves in stickers, feed posts, Facebook profile pictures, and more.
If you have already created an avatar on Facebook, your existing Avatar will be converted into 3d. You don’t need to follow any steps.
“Your avatar will automatically enter the third dimension as part of this update, and we’re doing our best to make sure your new-and-improved self matches the choices you made previously”
If you haven’t created any avatars yet, here is a simple tutorial for you.
How to create your Facebook avatar
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone. Click the ‘More’ button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and press the See More button.
- Select Avatars now.
- Next, press the Get Started button.
- Now you need to customise your avatars, Choose your preferred skin tone and then press the Next button.
- Select a hairstyle for your avatar. You can choose a hairstyle that is short, medium, or long, as well as the color.
- Choose your avatar’s face shape, complexion, and facial lines next.
- Choose an eye shape and color for your avatar now.
- Then you choose the shape and color of your brows.
- You can also customize your avatar with glasses.
- Customize the nose and mouth now.
- Then, choose the beards and facial hair color.
- Next, select a body type.
- Choose an outfit for your avatar.
- Then, press Next, followed by Done.
Also see: How to create your 3d avatar on Instagram
Users can now use the same avatar across all Meta platforms, including VR, thanks to the new update. Any changes made to a user’s avatar on Facebook or Messenger will be reflected on Instagram, and vice versa. Users can still create different avatars for Instagram, facebook, and messenger.
“We’re starting to experiment with digital clothing too. You can use your avatar across Quest, Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger. One day you’ll have multiple avatars ranging from expressive to photorealistic. Looking forward to sharing more soon.”
So, this is how you can create a 3d avatar of yourself on Facebook. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. If you have any suggestions, you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more tutorials, you can click the links below.