Youtube Shorts is a short-form video service that lets users create and upload a video of 15 seconds or less on YouTube. Youtube recently started rolling out these new shorts – Rival to Tiktok.
Not all people like these new Youtube shorts as they were super annoying to watch. In this Guide, I will let you disable Youtube shorts in the simplest way possible.
Note: If you are a Youtube creator and looking to delete your own Youtube short videos you can follow this Guide below
4 simple ways to disable Youtube shorts on the Youtube app
1. Download Youtube vanced app
Update: After a legal threat from Google, the popular Vanced YouTube app is being discontinued. Vanced’s creators have announced that the project will be discontinued in the coming days, with download links being removed. While the app will continue to work for anyone who currently has it installed on Android, it is likely to stop working in the near future without further updates.
You can download Youtube vanced alternatives to continue blocking ads and disabling Youtube shorts.
If you are unable to install the Youtube vanced app you can download NewPipe (It doesn’t come with Youtube shorts), or you can try degrading the Youtube app, watching YouTube on a browser, or on a PC to remove Youtube shorts.
YouTube Vanced is the mod version of YouTube that will allow users to use YouTube premium users for free.
Along with premium features, it comes with powerful features like disabling ads, YouTube shorts, YouTube stories, and sponsored content on YouTube.
Below I have listed how to download YouTube Vanced app. You can download Youtube Vanced manager from the direct link below and follow the detailed setup process here
- Download the YouTube Vanced manager by visiting this link
- Install the app and follow the on-screen setup instructions
- After you completed the setup, Open the app and follow the steps listed below.
- Open Youtube Vanced app
- Go to settings and then vanced settings
- Go to ad settings
- Go to the bottom and turn on short self.
- Now Go back and then go to layout settings
- Now go to the comment location alpha section and turn on
- This will disable Youtube shorts completely on the Youtube app.
2. Degrade the YouTube app
The older version of the app doesn’t contain Youtube shorts. So installing the older version of Youtube will disable Youtube shorts on the Youtube app. Follow the instructions given below to download the old version of YouTube without ads
- Download Youtube version 14.12.56 by clicking the link
- Install the app by allowing unknown sources to install apps.
- Disable the auto-update of the YouTube app by going to the google play store and turning off the auto-update feature.
You can also install the old version of YouTube by going to your smartphone settings > search for manage apps or simply apps > click on YouTube > delete all youtube updates. This will uninstall the latest version of YouTube.
3. Use YouTube in the browser
The browser version of YouTube doesn’t contain YouTube shorts. You can open your favorite browser on Your smartphone and go to https://www.youtube.com/ to watch YouTube without shorts.
4. Remove Shorts from the Home screen
This is a simple and small step to remove YouTube shorts from the Home screen. You don’t need to install Third Party app to do this. Simply follow the steps below
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone
- Go to short self and click on the three-dot icon located on the shorts video
- Now click on not interested
- The short self will be removed from the home screen. If not refresh the page.
This is a small and easy step to remove YouTube shorts from the home screen. YouTube shorts self will keep on coming back. I recommend this step if you want to disable shorts from the home screen temporarily.
So, this is how you can remove YouTube shorts from the YouTube app. As you can see there is no direct method to disable shorts on YouTube.Hope this guide is helpful to you.