Google started rolling out new Noise cancellation features for Google to meet users. The new features are only available for Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education customers as of now. Here is how to enable Noise cancellation on Google meet. Follow these simple steps to get started.
Note: Noise cancellation is not yet available in Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE, and the immediately surrounding areas.
How to enable Noise cancellation before a video call
- Go to meet.google.com and then select a video call.
- Before you join, on the top right, click More options More and then Settings Settings. Click Audio. Turn on Noise cancellation.
- Click Join Now.
How to enable during a video call
- On the bottom right, click More options More and then Settings Settings.
- Click Audio.
- Turn on Noise cancellation.
- Tip: To check how much noise is canceled out, next to your self preview at the top right corner of your screen, look at the Voice indicator Voice indicator. The Voice indicator reflects what others may hear. Sounds that are blocked and cannot be heard by others will not move the indicator line.