Amazon lets you add multiple authentications steps to your account on amazon.in which adds extra security to your amazon account. You can enable two-factor authentication to your amazon account that requires OTP to log in to your existing Amazon account.
Enable Two–Step Verification:
- Visit amazon.in website or app
- Click on the menu on top and visit your account
- Go to Advanced Security Settings
- Click Get Started
- Now set-up Two–Step Verification.
- Add your primary phone number (this phone must be able to receive SMS messages)
- enter OTP And enable two-factor authentication
- note: It’s Better to add a backup phone number in case anything happens
disable Two-Step Verification
- Go to Amazon.in website or app
- Visit Your Account, and select Login & security.
- Select Edit beside Two-Step Verification Settings.
- Select Disable Two-Step Verification. You’ll be asked to enter a security code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your phone number or generated through the authenticator app.
- Select Verify code.