Instagram is rolling out a new feature called Instagram remix that is very similar to the duet feature on Tiktok. You can interact with another user’s reel by sharing your own video alongside it. In this guide, I will help you with How to make a duet on Instagram.
1. How to make duet on Instagram
- Open you Instagram app and go to reels tab.\
- Once you are in, Select any reel yo wish to remix
- To remix a reel, tap the three-dot menu on a reel and select “Remix this Reel.”
- From there, you can record your reel or upload pre-recorded footage by clicking on Gallery icon on the left bottom corner.
- Like Tiktok you can also edit the video by adding your own tweaks and publish it.
2. How to enable Duet on your Reels
Before enabling remix on your reels ( Duet ) You need to head over to Instagram settings and enable remix on your reels. To enable head over to your profile page and then go to settings > Privacy > Reels > and then turn on Enable Remixing. Please keep in mind that if you enable remixing, anyone can create reels that play your video and theirs side by side. Keep that in mind, Follow the steps below to enable duet ( Remixxing on your own reels )
- If you want to allow others users to make duets on your videos follow the simple steps.
- Instagram remix feature is enabled automatically on your videos.
- To turn it on manually, tap on the three-dot menu on your own video and select “Enable Remixing.”
- If you want to turn off remixing on all your reels, you can do so via your broader profile settings.
So, this is how you can easily create a Duet on Instagram. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. You can follow us on Instagram for more updates and interesting posts.