Vodaphone and idea two Indian telecom operators merging together. The new name has rebranded as ‘Vi’ as it looks for a “fresh start” three years. Users who would like to port from any other networks like Jio and airtel want to port mobile numbers to VI should follow these simple steps to get started. Mobile Number Portability (MNP) enables you to switch to other networks from any other service provider without the need to dispose of your current phone number.
How to Port Your Existing Mobile Number to Vi?
- Enter the fields enquiring about your name, contact number, and city on the here ( MNP page )
- Select a Vi RED Postpaid plan that suits your needs.
- Click on the ‘Switch to ViTM’ button and enter your address and pin code for free SIM delivery.
- note that you need to be on your current mobile network for a minimum of 90 days to port your number to the Vi network.
- It takes 3-5 working days to complete the porting process of an MNP request.
- It takes 2-4 hours to activate your SIM on the Vi network. In the meantime, you will be using your current network. ( It will take 15 working days for Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, and North East service areas.)
You will get an Amazon Prime membership if you switch your number to a ViTM RED Postpaid ₹ 499 rental plan or above. To get a Netflix subscription at no extra cost, you have to choose a ViTM RED plan, starting from ₹ 999.