Google Assistant now lets you to reply messages from WhatsApp and other third-party apps like Instagram, Telegram, Slack, and more through notifications. Previously this feature is only limited to SMS app but now Google can read messages from third-party apps too.
- Google Gmail update: Everything you need to know
- Google Chrome Android App latest update
How to read messages from apps with Google Assistant
- You need to allow message notifications from the apps you want to read through Google assistant.
- start by saying “read my messages” to Assistant. If you hadn’t already, you’ll have to grant the Google app notification access for this to work.
- A card pops up with the last text message(s) and reads it aloud, including the app it’s coming from and the name of the sender.
- You can also reply to the sender within the app within the assistant itself.
- You can say reply and follow up your message to reply
- You can do this with several recent messages, with Assistant showing a carousel of received chats and going through them one by one.
- Messages containing videos and photos will be skipped with messages saying the message just contains an audio attachment.
This new feature lets you to play and read mesages from third party apps without opening the app and checking all message and wasting time ( sometimes ) . You can update Google app from Google playstore If needed.