YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming platforms in the world. According to the latest report, YouTube has more than 2 billion logged-in monthly users which opens doors for more advertisers to place ads on videos. A lot of time, the YouTube channel will have ads placed under the video. Sometimes though, those ads are at the beginning of the video or completely interrupt the video — which is usually an action that is intentional.
YouTube is projected to make more than $40 billion. With all this money being made, there has been an increase in the number of intrusive ads on the video-sharing platform. These ads have now become a major turn-off for many users who are looking for a more enjoyable and convenient experience when it comes to watching videos on YouTube.If you are annoyed by Youtube ads Here are five ways to get rid of ads on Youtube
Most recently YouTube said in an update to its terms of service that it has the “right to monetize” all content on its platform. As such, it said it will start putting ads on videos from channels not in its YouTube Partner Program, which shares ad revenue with creators.
How to remove ads from YouTube
- Use YouTube Vanced app
- Use Ad Blocker
- Place an extra dot after the .com
- Use external websites to filter ads
- Report ads
1. Use YouTube Vanced app
YouTube Vanced is the modified version of the YouTube app that is very powerful and popular and blocks both videos, ads on your home screen, and even sponsored content in the video too. If you really hate ads you should unquestionably download Youtube Vanced app and follow the steps given below.
- Click here to download the latest YouTube vanced app.
- After downloading, Install the app on your device.
- Once the app is installed, Open the app, and tap on your profile photo on your home screen.
- Open Youtube Vanced app and go to settings
- And then visit ad settings and then toggle the settings
- Video ads are disabled by default, to disable home screen ads, merchandise ads disable toggle on or off.
2. Use Ad Blocker
If you watch YouTube videos on a desktop using ad blockers is the most effective way to remove ads from YouTube. Most of the ad Blockers in the market right now are now able to block ad requests and block ads loading on YouTube home. You can simply install ad- Blocker extensions on Google Chrome. Most ad-blockers are able to disable YouTube ads by default.
How to add an ad blocker to Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Find and select the best ad block extensions
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Some extensions will let you know if they need certain permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension.
3. Placing an extra dot after the .com
This trick is suggested by a Reddit user that works really well. You need to place an extra dot after the .com part of the YouTube URL to remove ads. This will work on both Smartphones and desktops.
To use this trick Instead of navigating to youtube.com/video, the Redditor asks to navigate to youtube.com./video in order to see the content without ads. If this doesn’t work for you follow the other steps listed in this post.
4. Use external websites to filter ads
There are plenty of external websites that help you to get rid of YouTube ads in the video. These websites will filter out ads on the content and show you the original.
Go to the ViewPure website, then copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to watch ad-free. That’s it, the website will do its job automatically and you can just watch the video without any annoying interruptions.
- Step 1: Find a YouTube video you like.
- Step 2: Paste it into the field on the homepage that says “Enter YouTube URL or search term…”
- Step 3: Click Purify and start watching Youtube videos without ads.
5. Report ads
This is definitely not an efficient way to get rid of ads on YouTube. Reporting ads will temporarily disable ads but they will return after a certain time.
How to report ads on YouTube
- Click on info on any YouTube ad you see on YouTube
- Now you will be prompted with three options saying “stop seeing this ad”
- Click on “Stop seeing this ad”. Temporarily you will stop seeing ads but ads might return after a certain period of time.
- This applies to Youtube on mobile and desktop versions.
So this is how you can remove ads from Youtube completely. Hope you find this Guide Helpful. Removing ads from Youtube might hurt the revenue of some Youtube creators. Please don’t get completely rid of them until Youtube finds a way to help creators earn money in other ways. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.