Google maps are the most widely used app for navigation and finding locations. The app is also used for sharing live locations finding the best routes and more. In this Guide, we are going to see how to use Google maps to share live locations.
When you share your live location on Google maps here is the list of things also shared.
- Your name and Photo
- Your Realtime location across google services even when you’re not using the Maps.
- Your device info such as battery power.
How to share live location on Google maps
Before going to the tutorial make sure that you are using the latest version of Google maps. You can visit Google and the apple app stores to check the latest version of Google maps and update the app to the latest version. Follow the steps below once you checked.
- Open Google maps on your smartphone and click on the profile picture on the top right corner.
- Now select Location Sharing from the list of options.
- Now click on the share location.
- Now set the time limit of your live locations. The live location that you choose to share with somebody lasts up to 24 hours. The live location sharing will automatically stop once the time limit is reached. You can also choose Until this turn off the option to manually stop sharing your live location.
- Now click on the share to share your live location. You can share live location links on popular apps like Whatsapp, Messages, Telegram, and more.
- If your location is turned off by default, Turn on the location to share your live location.
- As you can see from the bottom image, This is how the live location link will look like if you shared the live location on Whatsapp.
So, this is how you can share live locations on Whatsapp. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. Sharing live location can be helpful if you want your friends or family to know exactly where you are and also very helpful for safety, especially for women. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.