- Spotify is rolling out the ability to stream music right from your Apple Watch
- Since the app’s launch in 2018, the Apple Watch worked primarily as a remote for Spotify music playing on an iPhone or Spotify Connect-compatible device.
- Now you’ll be able to stream music from Spotify on your Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers when you’re not near your phone.
How to Install Spotify on Apple Watch
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- In the My Watch tab, under the heading Installed on Apple Watch, check that Spotify appears on the list.
- After it’s installed, select the Spotify app from your Apple Watch’s Home screen. Alternately, open the Spotify app on your iPhone and it should automatically launch on your wrist.
How to stream Spotify from apple watch
- Note: To stream Spotify directly from your wrist you need to be a Spotify Premium user and have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later, with watchOS 6.0+ (recommend 7.1+) along with a cellular connection or wifi. Please make sure you are also running the latest version of Spotify on your iPhone.
- Go to the music streaming page, on the bottom left corner tap the devices menu.
- You will get prompted with your Apple Watch at the top of the list
- Now the app will then prompt you to select from a Bluetooth device connected to your Apple Watch.
- Select your Bluetooth device such as AirPods or any other headphones to start playing music