Lots of sharing apps and software are available in the market right now. But I have found a simple sharing portal which is basically a website that lets you share files on your P.C to mobile and mobile to P.c vice versa. In this guide, I will help you with How to use Snapdrop on Android and Windows to share files easily between them.
How Snapdrop it works
It uses a P2P connection if WebRTC is supported by the browser. (WebRTC needs a Signaling Server, but it is only used to establish a connection and is not involved in the file transfer).
How to use Snapdrop
- Open snapdrop.net on your P.C and on your mobile Phone
- A list of devices will be shown on the home screen.
- You can tap on either device to start sharing your files.
- To send the file, click the icon representing the device you want to send data to.
- Select the type of file you want to send. To send a file, click on the My files or similar option and click on the file you want to send.
- Files will be shared automatically.
Is Snapdrop Secure?
Yes, Snapdrop is secure to use. None of your files are ever sent to any server. Files are sent only between peers. Snap drop doesn’t even use a database. If you are curious have a look at the Server. Even if Snapdrop was able to view the files being transferred, WebRTC encrypts the files on transit, so the server would be unable to read them.