The Reserve Bank of India and the National Payment Corporation of India jointly launched UPI 123Pay for feature phones, enabling UPI transactions without the need for an internet connection.
Over 40 crore Indians who use feature phones will be able to use the new 123pay application on their smartphones. With the new feature, smartphone and feature phone owners can now conduct digital transactions easily.
How to use 123pay on feature smartphones
UPI123Pay is a three-step process that begins with a phone call, followed by a selection and payment. The new payment method is accessible via missed calls, interactive voice response (IVR), app features, and proximity sound-based systems.
- App-based Functionality: An app would be installed on the feature phone, allowing several UPI functions that are available on smartphones to be available on feature phones as well.
- Missed Call: By dialling a missed call on the number displayed at the merchant outlet, feature phone users will be able to access their bank account and perform routine transactions such as receiving, transferring funds, regular purchases, bill payments, and so on. The customer will receive an incoming call asking them to confirm the transaction by entering their UPI PIN.
- Inter-active Voice Response (IVR): UPI payment via pre-defined IVR numbers would necessitate users initiating a secure call from their feature phones to a pre-determined number and completing UPI on-boarding formalities before they could begin making financial transactions without internet.
Before starting to make the payment, it is required that the user links his/her bank account with the feature phone. Further, using his/her debit card, he/she will be required to set a UPI PIN.
- To send money To transfer money, one will have to select the phone number of the person to whom money is to be transferred, enter the amount, and UPI PIN.
- Once you finished setting up the pin, The feature phone user can use any of those methods listed above to complete transactions.
We will update this post with step by step tutorial once we get hands-on experience.
So, this is how you can use the new 123pay on your feature smartphone to send money. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.