Video calling surges in India thanks to covid 19 pandemic situation. Zoom has seen massive success and companies like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft started offering new free video calling alternatives to zooming. Now India developed its own video calling service called Namaste Bharat app which is already live on Google Play Store that lets you take video calls similar to other offerings like Zoom and Google meet.
Namaste Bharat app
The app size is about 15 MB in size. I have downloaded the app and it took a very long to register my account. Note: able to log in ( update available go to the bottom of the page )
After security concerns in zoom app,India decided to develop its own app that lets users make video calls and communicate. In addition to video calling India’s own app namaste Bharat also brings group chats ,white board, document sharing and more. The app also comes with end to end encryption and totally for free.
Here is the list of features in the Namaste Bharat app
- Messages: Any potential negative messages can be flagged & reviewed by the administrator for possible deletion; Auto delete messages
- Multiple devices: Log in and message synchronization across multiple devices; Receive calls on all devices (Forking)
- Meetings: From your device calendar schedule meetings without the back-and-forth emails and conduct audio, video conferencing.
- Location: Share your location and view your contact’s location in real-time on a map.
- Sharing: Share your pdf, excel, ppt, and word documents.
- Whiteboard: A real-time multi-user, multi-platform whiteboard. Teach, explain, sketch, for work, study, fun
- It can send 50MB video more than 16MB.
- It can also send word, excel, and adobe files.
- In this group, 50 to 200 people can add to the group.
- There is no charge for the year. Absolutely free.
The video calling service is available on Android, ios, and also as chrome and firefox extensions. I tested this app on my mobile and it’s really Buggy as of now. I will let you know how many many people can actually make video calls, video quality and more once I am able to login into the app.
The app is working fine now.The app interface is simple and clean.
More features will be updated soon.