Snapchat will take full advantage of new iPhone LiDar camera
- Snapchat today confirms it will be among the first to put the new technology to use in its iOS app for a lidar-powered Lens.
- The technology can also be used by app developers to build a precise depth map of the scene, and help speed up AR so it feels more instantaneous while enabling new app experiences that use AR.
Facebook says it will finally ban anti-vaccination ads
- Facebook said Tuesday it is launching a new global policy that bans ads that discourage people from getting vaccines.
- The company previously had a policy against vaccine hoaxes that were publicly identified by global health organizations.
- Facebook will still allow ads that advocate for or against legislation of government policies around vaccines, including the Covid-19 vaccine.
Netflix Removes 30-Day Free Trial Across Markets
- As first spotted by Phil Swann, the streamer is no longer giving users a chance to try the service for free.
- Instead, you have to sign-up for one of their plans, though you are not contractually bound and can cancel the service at any time.
- According to the Netflix Help Center, “Free trials are not available, but you can still sign up and take advantage of all Netflix has to offer.