FYI: Added new AI Phone call Screening.
Truecaller is more than just a caller ID app; it has a lot of hidden capabilities. While answering work or personal calls, the features that Truecaller offers will be very helpful to us in our daily lives. But most of us don’t know they exist. In this article, I will share the best TrueCaller tips and tricks to help you get the most out of it.
Table of Contents
- Best Truecaller Tips And Tricks
- Choose a reason for an outgoing call
- Get a notification just before someone calls you
- Hide your last seen & availability from others
- Know when someone visits your profile
- Don’t let others know when you visit their profile
- Truecaller Assistant
- Record calls silently
- Use Full Screen Caller ID
- Use Truecaller as your default SMS App
- Customize the theme
- Set up your Trucaller Profile
- You may also Like
Best Truecaller Tips And Tricks
Choose a reason for an outgoing call
Busy people won’t always pick up your calls even when they check their phones. If it’s an important call, you can specify the reason why you’re calling; if they read the reason and decide it’s important, they may answer. In this manner, you are able to state the reason for the call at the time it is placed.
To choose a reason for a call:
- First, you need to set up three reasons which you can use while making a call
- To set them up, Go to Truecaller settings > General > Choose a reason before calls
- There, Turn on the toggle and set up three common reasons you might use
- That’s it, while making a call choose any reason that you already set up and it will show up when the person receives your call
Related: How To Find Someone’s Name Using Their Phone Number
Get a notification just before someone calls you
Truecaller automatically notifies you of incoming calls a few seconds before they begin ringing so you have time to get ready. As soon as a call is placed, it uses the Internet to send an alert from the caller’s phone. You receive the notification before the call actually rings because the internet is faster than a typical cellular network.
This feature is enabled by default when you install the app, if it’s not, go to settings > General > turn on “Call alert notifications”.
Hide your last seen & availability from others
Truecaller’s Availability feature allows everyone to see if the person you’re about to call is on the phone or not, as well as when they were last seen. You can turn it off if you don’t want others to know about your availability. I’ll tell you how.
- Go to Truecaller settings
- Tap on “Privacy Center”
- Turn off the “Availability” toggle
Know when someone visits your profile
When someone visits your Trucaller profile, Truecaller will notify you that “someone viewed your profile”, but you won’t be able to see who exactly viewed your profile until you become a premium member of Truecaller. So, if you’re a premium member and want to know who’s looking at your profile.
Go to Truecaller settings > General > Turn on “Profile view notifications”
Don’t let others know when you visit their profile
When you check someone on Truecaller, they are usually notified that “someone has viewed your profile.” To ensure that no one knows you’re looking up their phone number or profile on Truecaller:
Go to Truecaller settings > Privacy center> Turn on the “View profiles privately” toggle
Truecaller recently introduced a new AI-based assistant, Truecalle Assistant to help you identify which calls are important to you and which ones are spam without requiring you to pick them up. Similar to Google AI screening. The new Truecaller AI Assistant is to almost all Android and iOS devices via Truecaller premium.
- On iPhone, when there’s an incoming call on your phone, and you choose to decline it or leave it unanswered, it gets forwarded to the Truecaller Assistant.
- On Android, you will get a button that says, “let the Assistant take the call.” The Assistant then picks it up and asks the caller for their identity and the reason for calling.
Record calls silently
When you record a call, it usually notifies both of you that the call is being recorded. You can use Truecaller’s new silent call recording feature to limit that alert and record the call. To enable this, open your profile and select “Call Recordings” and turn it on.
Use Full Screen Caller ID
You can now see who’s calling on a full-screen layout instead of a floating Truecaller window, which will replace your phone’s default caller ID interface.
To enable this, you need to set your default phone app to Truecaller and then, go to Truecaller settings > Caller ID > select “Full Screen”.
Use Truecaller as your default SMS App
I have already told you that Truecaller isn’t just a caller ID app. It can also sort your text messages into different groups, such as “transactions,” “important,” and “spam.” You don’t have to make Truecaller your default SMS app to read your messages there.
Customize the theme
When there isn’t much light, your eyes will feel better in dark mode. Dark themes can make it easier on the eyes when there isn’t much light, but light modes are still better when there is a lot of light. So, depending on how you use the app, you can change its theme.
To change the theme of the Truecaller App:
- Go to Truecaller settings
- Now tap on Appearance
- There you can see the Theme section, where you can select Bright or Dark Mode
Set up your Trucaller Profile
If your name or other information about you is wrong in Truecaller’s database, you can make your own profile and keep your correct information. Install the Truecaller app and click on the profile icon in the top left corner. Then click on the pencil icon to make changes to your profile. Fill in all the information in the fields and then click “Save”.
So, those are the list of Truecaller tips and tricks. Hope you find them helpful. We update this post every time we discover a new trick that improves your experience. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more tips and tricks on other popular apps, you can click the links below.