When it comes to watches, one of the most difficult questions to answer is “which strap should I use?”.In this post, you are going to learn the types of watch strap materials, Their pros, and cons, and also which one is best for you. Without any further ado, let’s get into the topic.
Types of watch strap materials
- Best Suited with formal wear, especially matching your belt/shoes
- Easier to fit yourself using the holes in the strap
- Softer and more pleasant to wear
- Is not a great strap for getting wet or sweaty
- Wears out over time
- Have to select the right colour tone
- Long-lasting and unlikely to wear out over the life of the watch
- Can get it wet and use it during sports without a problem
- Easier to clean and maintain over time
- Has a more luxurious look due to its use in many high-end watches (Rolex for example)
- Not as easy to fit on your own
- Prone to coming undone (unless you have a really expensive watch)
- Retains temperatures so can be hot/cold in extreme temperatures
3. Silicone/ Rubber
- Available in a number of different textures and patterns.
- They are not only reasonably priced, but they also have an extremely long lifespan.
- A rubber strap is an excellent choice for any activity, whether you’re going to the gym or going deep sea diving.
- 100% waterproof
- Rubber straps aren’t appropriate for dressier models or for more formal occasions.
- Nylon is an excellent option for people who are active or who are not accustomed to wearing a watch.
- cheapest watch straps to buy
- Absorbs water more Quickly. Have to clean it often
- Impact resistant.
- more resistant to being damaged by impacts
- Less chance of allergic reactions.
- Higher price.
- Comparatively less bright.
I hope you find this list of watch strap materials, as well as their advantages and disadvantages, to be useful. If you are looking to purchase a watch in India, I have compiled a list of some of the best deals I have found. You can look through the list by clicking on the links below.