YouTube is big and it needs to understand users and recommend YouTube videos based on their interest and history of watching Videos on YouTube.This is great for the people looking to be engaged with more likely content.
But this isn’t always good for all. Sometimes you might get recommendations that are not worthy and some are trash. In this guide, I will help you to train the YouTube algorithm and help you to remove recommend content from Youtube.
Note: You can’t really remove all the recommendations overnight. The YouTube algorithm slowly learns your behavior and recommends the right content for you.
Remove recommended videos
- Go to the recommended video you’d like to remove.
- Tap More next to the video title.
- Tap Not interested.
Manage your watch history and search history
- Remove individual videos from your watch history: If you see recommendations you’re not interested in, removing a video you watched may reduce the chance that you’ll see similar recommendations.
- Remove individual searches from your search history: If you see recommendations you’re not interested in, removing a search entered may reduce the chance that you’ll see similar recommendations.
- Pause history: You can pause your watch or search history when you don’t want your watches or searches to influence future recommendations and search results. For example, when you’re researching a subject for a school project that you aren’t personally interested in. Remember to resume your history when you’re done.
- Clear history: If your recommendations aren’t relevant to your interests, you can clear your search and watch histories.
- Tip: If you use your watch history to re-watch videos, add those videos to a playlist or “Watch Later”.