A new feature from YouTube vanced lets you actually skip the sponsored content of the video. According to vanced.com, It uses SponsorBlock which is an open-source crowdsourced browser extension and open API for skipping sponsor segments in YouTube videos. Users submit when a sponsor happens from the extension, and the extension automatically skips sponsors it knows about. It also supports skipping other categories, such as intros, outros, and reminders to subscribe. You can also enable it on a desktop as well through an extension.
How to skip sponsored content on YouTube video ( Mobile )
Download Youtube vanced app
- Download the YouTube Vanced application, click here to download
- On the download page for the YouTube Vanced app scroll down to the section which reads Non-root downloads and you will see the different options and themes available for the app
- Download the app and get ready
How to skip sponsored content on YouTube
- Open YouTube vanced on your mobile
- Go to settings and than click sponsered block settings
- And then enable sponsered block to get rid of sponsered content on Video.
- You can also select f=dirrent types of sponser block settings if you want to skip them manually.
So, this is how you can skip sponsored content on Youtube Mobile. On desktop, you can follow the simple steps listed below.
How to skip sponsored content on YouTube video ( Desktop )
You can enable this extension on any browser. In this case, I am using Google chrome browser.
- Go to Google chrome web store and install SponsorBlock for YouTube – Skip Sponsorships extension or click here to visit directly.
- Once you installed, You will be redirected to settings extesion settings page, You can review or change the settings you want.
- Once you are dont, Close the tab. Go to Youtube.com, Click on any video that has Sponsor.
- You can see the Sponsor Settings block is skipped automatically.
This is how you can skip Sponsor content on Youtube. Hope you find this Tutorial Helpful and easy. Please do note that shipping sponsor content might hurt the revenue of small Youtubers. My aim is just to let you know how to do it, It’s all up to you whether to skip Sponsor or not.