If you are really interested in learning English, there are a lot of options available to you. You can take a course at school, use an app to learn on the go, or even hire a tutor. The Internet is full of resources that will help you in your quest to learn English and there are some great places to start your journey. Here are 21 great resources to learn English.
21 Best sources to Learn English — With Free Lessons and Audio
Duolingo is one of the most popular apps that helps you to learn English from any other language you speak. In India, The app currently allows you to learn English from Hindi. Other languages like Telugu and Tamil are in the works which you can check here to see the progress. You should also keep note that it’s not possible to learn English through English from the app.
Duolingo can be very helpful in supporting your language learning progress. The app is fun and easy to use. New lessons and modules are only activated in the app once you’ve completed the previous lesson. The app is totally available for free which you download it now and start learning your new language.
- It’s fun! Advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
- It’s effective. 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education.
- Learn English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, and many more languages, free!
Hello English is specially designed for people looking to get better at vocabulary in English. The app allows you to Learn spoken English and Grammar from Hindi, Indonesian, Thai, Arabic, Malay, Urdu, Malay, Bangladeshi Bengali, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Oriya, Assamese, Malayalam, Chinese, Portuguese, Turkish and Nepali.
The app is available for free and contains in-app ads and purchases. The app allows you to learn how to speak, write English and also discover new English words every day. The size of this app is about 40 M.B in size and available for free.
YouTube is one of the biggest sources to learn anything. There are thousands of English teaching channels that help you to learn English and become fluent. In the below, I have mentioned 10 of the best YouTube channels that help you to learn English absolutely for free.
- Speak English With Mr. Duncan
- BBC Learning English channel
- Rachel’s English
- Business English Pod
- LearnEnglish Kids from the British Council ( best for kids )
The cake app takes a completely different approach to learn English. The app aggregates all the shorts clips in movies, YouTube videos, and in other places and makes them into curated playlists. Everyday cake recommends a new playlist in which you can watch and learn English and expressions.
You can also select and subscribe to different channels on the cake. The size of the app is about 7 M.B in size and available totally for free.
- Learn real English expressions curated from YouTube. See similar phrases in one place and spend just a few minutes a day to improve your English!
- If you want to improve your English speaking skills, look no further. Our “Cake” app offers speaking practices that simulate conversations with native speakers!
- Check your pronunciation with our AI speech recognition. Simply record your voice and get immediate feedback. Soon you will learn to sound like a native speaker.
- 100% free!
- The “Cake” app is completely free! We are committed to helping you improve your English. Learn English with “Cake” today.
Hello Talk is another popular way of learning English. The app connects you with native speakers of other languages (English🇺🇸🇬🇧, Japanese🇯🇵, Korean🇰🇷, Spanish🇪🇸, French🇫🇷, Mandarin Chinese🇨🇳, Portuguese🇧🇷🇵🇹, German🇩🇪, Italian🇮🇹, Russian🇷🇺, Arabic🇦🇪🇪🇬, Turkish🇹🇷, Hindi🇮🇳, Indonesian🇮🇩, Thai🇹🇭, Vietnamese🇻🇳 , and more than 150 other languages) and more.
You need to select a language and chat with other people to learn the mistakes you made. The app also contains hundreds of inbuilt tutorials on how to speak English and more. The app is available totally for free.
Spotify isn’t only designed for music, there is a number of Podcasts and in the future, there are going to be live audio rooms in English that are specially going to help you with how to speak English from top speakers. And also Podcasts specially designed for English learning too. In below, I have listed some if you want to try it out.
The problem with Spotify is a distraction, while listening you might find out your favourite song and then you know what is going to happen. The app is available for free you can listen any time anywhere for free. There is also a premium version that will get rid of ads.
Audiobooks are one of the most effective ways to learn English. They are very useful to know how to pronounce a word or a sentence. If you are want to improve your conversation audiobooks are the most efficient way to get started.
Instead of reading and sticking to your Smartphone screen, you can plug in earphones and Star listening while you on the go. There are hundreds of Audiobooks available, In below, I have listed out some popular audiobooks that are both free and paid.
Best audio books
- LibriVox : LibriVox has over 24,000 free audiobooks and 75,000 premium audiobooks – Download – Android | iOS
- Audible : popular audiobook app by Amazon ( paid ) – Download – Android | iOS
- Google Play Books : You need to buy books to listen – Download – Android | iOS
- Pocket FM : free with ads – Download – Android | iOS
Story Book app
If you like reading rather than listening to audiobooks, then storybook apps might help you. They offer free digit versions of the book which you can download and read them. Most of them are free but you need to pay for a popular book. Physical copies offer the best reading experience and don’t harm your eyes. Depending on the situation and budget you can choose either of them.
Below, I have listed out some popular story apps that are free and paid along with physical best story selling copies on Amazon.
- Goodreads : #1 among the best apps for book lovers
- Amazon Kindle: the leader among best Kindle apps for book lovers.
English learning websites
You can learn English through your favorite website. If you are reading this, you are already learning English. There are hundreds of popular websites that are specially designed for learning English. Below I have listed a few which you can try.
- BBC Learning English
- Dave’s ESL Cafe ( forums)
- Easy World of English ( simple and clean)
- ABCYa ( best for kids )
Twitter isn’t specially designed for people to learn English. It is a social media platform that contains a variety of genres. English is just a part of all of them. You can find hundreds of Twitter pages that let you learn English. In below, I have listed out a few that I like most. If you don’t have Twitter you can create it now and start following the profiles listed below.
So those are the list of apps, websites, channels that help you to learn English. Hope you like this article, there are hundreds of other best sources on the internet if you do have any suggestions you can suggest your tips at.