Apple today in an event announced the new Apple iPad air that looks almost similar to the high-end Apple iPad pro. The new iPad Air is powered by A14 Bionic, Apple’s most advanced chip, new all-screen design with a larger 10.9-inch display, new 12MP rear camera, next-generation Touch ID sensor, and more.
“Today we’re excited to introduce a completely redesigned and far more powerful iPad Air, debuting Apple’s most powerful chip ever made, the A14 Bionic,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “With its gorgeous new all-screen design, larger 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, next-generation Touch ID, and a massive boost in performance with A14 Bionic, the new iPad Air brings customers powerful pro features at an even more affordable price. Along with major upgrades to the iPad Pro and eighth-generation iPad this year, and the powerful new features of iPadOS 14, this is our strongest iPad lineup ever, giving our customers even more ways to enrich their daily lives.”
The new iPad Air features a completely new thin and light design with a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display and will be available in silver, space grey, rose gold, green, and sky blue color variants. THE touch ID sensor is now integrated into the top button. The new Apple iPad Air is also compatible with Magic Keyboard as well as Apple Pencil, which attaches magnetically to the side for easy pairing, charging, and storing.
iPad Air delivers a massive boost in performance with Apple’s most advanced chip, A14 Bionic. Apple says the A-series chip features a new 6-core design for a 40 percent boost in CPU performance, and a new 4-core graphics architecture for a 30 percent improvement in graphics.
Talking about the cameras, iPad Air, which includes a 7MP front-facing FaceTime HD camera, now features the same 12MP rear camera used in iPad Pro and also comes with stereo speakers. The new iPad Air also comes with USB Type C for faster data exchange.
Apple announces iPad 14 OS will be available beginning Wednesday, September 16 that brings some new changes to the existing iPads.
- New compact designs for incoming FaceTime and phone calls, Siri interactions, and Search to help users stay focused on the task at hand.
- Universal Search to quickly find practically anything, from locating and launching apps, to accessing contacts, files, and information, to getting answers to common questions about people or places.
- New sidebars for many apps including Photos and Files, and streamlined toolbars that consolidate controls into a single place, making them more useful than ever.
- Beautifully redesigned widgets that present timely information at a glance right on the Home Screen.
The new iPad Air is designed to be environmentally friendly and supports Apple’s plan to become carbon neutral by 2030. The iPad Air uses a 100 percent recycled aluminum enclosure and 100 percent recycled tin for the solder on its main logic board. The new speakers in iPad Air also use magnets with 100 percent recycled rare earth elements.
Apple ipad air specifications
- 10.9-inch (2360 x 1640 pixels) Retina True Tone display with P3 Color Gamut, 500 nits brightness
- A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-cpre graphics
- 64GB/256GB variants
- iPad OS 14
- 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter
- 7MP front-facing FaceTime HD camera with f/2.0 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- Gigabit 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0
- Touch ID on the top
- Dimensions: 247.6 x 178.5x 6.1mm;
- Weight: 458g (WiFi) / 460g (4G)
- 28.6-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
Apple ipad air pricing and availability
Apple ipad air starts at Rs. 54,900 for the 64GB Wi-Fi version, Rs. 68,900 for the 256GB version and the 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model costs Rs. 66,900 and the 256GB version of it costs Rs. 80,900.
Apple Pencil (2nd generation) costs Rs. 10900, Magic Keyboard and the Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Air cost Rs. 27900 and Rs. 15900. The new iPad Air will be available in October at Apple Authorised Resellers.