Facebook is rolling out a new feature that lets you control comments on your Facebook feed. Now, you can control your commenting audience for a given public post by choosing from a menu of options ranging from anyone who can see the post to only the people and Pages you tag. In this guide, I will help you with How to control comments on your Facebook feed.
How to control comments on your Facebook feed
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Below Privacy, tap Public Posts.
- In the Who Can Follow Me section, tap Public or Friends.
- Below Public Post Comments, tap one of the following:
- Public: Includes everyone, even people not following you.
- Friends of friends: Includes all of your friends and any friends that they have.
- Friends: Includes your friends on Facebook. If anyone else is tagged in a post, then the audience expands to also include the tagged person and their friends.
Facebook says By adjusting your commenting audience, you can further control how you want to invite conversation onto your public posts and limit potentially unwanted interactions. And if you’re a public figure, creator or brand, you too can choose to limit your commenting audience on your public posts to help you feel safe and engage in more meaningful conversations with your community.
This new tool is the latest example of how we’re helping you control and curate your News Feed to best reflect who you are as your interests and priorities evolve. We also want to continue to help you understand why you see the content you do on News Feed.