Apple started removing the charger in the box and the rest of them are now following the apple footsteps. Recently Xiaomi stands as the first android smartphone maker to remove chargers in the box. And in 2021 I assume every other OEM will remove charger in the box including Samsung.
Should you be worried about it ?
Yes and no – If you already don’t have a charger you should get one – if you do have a charger you can use it. But getting a new android charger is hard for most of you. Unlike iPhone chargers android tend to have different types of chargers like – The Vooc, super fast and dash, and many more to come. This can be narrowed only when you brought the same charger from the same smartphone OEM. Yes, they do earn some bucks, that’s what they wanted.
- Tip #: Increase Mobile Hotspot Speed On Android
- How to skip sponsored content on YouTube video in 2021 (Updated!)
- Best soundbars under 10000 rupees in India 2021 (Updated!)
- Best Tws earbuds under 5000 rupees in India for 2021 (Updated!)
- How to choose the best smartwatch in India 2021 (Updated!)
how to choose the right charger for your phone
- Whenever the smartphone maker launches a new smartphone they will definitely announce the charger price along with the smartphone price.
- If you do have the same charger like they launched – you no need to get a new one, if don’t check the availability of the charger on the same selling site and do buy along with your new phone.
- Note: you can buy third-party Chargers but I don’t think they will match the exact output as the ones the OEM sells. If do they match the certified chargers you can buy that too.
So that is it, it the new tactics from smartphone makers and you and I should follow them. If you are buying a new smartphone in 2021- if you buy the charger separately. Keep in mind that you should choose the right output and as the company mentions.
- Quick Charge 1.0 – 5V 2A
- Quick Charge 2.0 – 5 / 9 / 12V 3A
- Quick Charge 3.0 3.6 – 20V (200mV increments 2.5 / 4.6A
- Quick Charge 4.0+ 3.6 – 20V (200mV increments) QC Mode 5 / 9V USB-PD Mode 2.5 / 4.6A QC Mode 3A USB-PD Mode
The future of charging might be port less
Have you heard about apple’s new MagSafe charger that will attach to the back of the iPhone and charges it? It might be the future of charging solution. Apple might remove charging ports entirely and might only depend upon MagSafe. If Apple does it – Everybody else is going to do it.
So we might see significant changes in how we charge our new smartphone in the future. You might have to spend a few extra bugs to get started with the latest charging technology.
What’s the best way to charge your smartphone efficiently?
- Avoid full cycle (zero-100 percent) and overnight charging.
- Ending a charge at 80 percent is better for the battery than topping all the way up to 100 percent.
- Maintain the charging cycle between 30-80%.
Can I use Third-party chargers to charge my Phone?
Yes, Of course, you can. But keep in mind that it should be certified and suits for your smartphone.
How to spot a fake phone charger
- Markings and Text on the plug. Look at the plug to see if there any CE markings (certification mark) which is the European Law for product safety standards.
- Check the charger brand and make sure that the smartphone OEM certifies to use that charger.