- Sign in to twitter.com or open your Twitter app on iOS or Android.
- Go to your profile.
- Click or tap the Edit profile button and you’ll be able to edit your:
How to add Header photo, also known as a “banner” (recommended dimensions are 1500×500 pixels)
Profile photo (recommended dimensions are 400×400 pixels)
Bio (maximum of 160 characters)
- Click or tap into any of these areas and make your changes.
- When changing a profile or header photo, click or tap the camera icon and select Upload photo or Remove.
- You can choose to Show my Periscope profile through your Twitter profile (available if you’ve connected your Twitter account to your Periscope account).
- Click or tap Save.
Note: When you’re initially going through your profile set-up, you will not see the option to change your display name, until you have a profile and header photo uploaded.
More tips for updating your profile
- Choose your display color via twitter.com. From the sidebar menu, click on More, then click Display. From there, choose your desired font size, color, and background theme.
- Photos can be in any of the following formats: JPG, GIF, or PNG. (Twitter does not support animated GIFs for profile or header/banner images.)
- Check out this article if you’re having trouble uploading a photo.
- If your Periscope account is connected, your Twitter profile will show LIVE on #Periscope when you are broadcasting.