MacBooks are the slimmest and most premium laptops that offer the best user experience. If you are a student and can afford apple, Macbook is a great way to start. In this guide, we picked up the best Macbooks for students in India.
Best Macbooks for students in India
Apple Macbook Air 2022 (New)
- Good Display
- Excellent battery life
- Now comes with a powerful M2
- Slightly priced higher
Apple announces its new Apple MacBook Air for 2022. The new Apple MacBook Air 2022 comes with the latest M2 chip. More details about Apple’s latest silicon M2 chip are here.
Apart from the processor another major improvement apple made to the latest MacBook Air is the design. It almost looks like the teardown version of the MacBook Pro. The laptop is now sleek and it’s really thin. If you want the number it’s just 11.6 mm.
Apple now added a notch to the display increasing the display from 13.3 inches to 13.6 inches. The display is really good and color accurate. The laptop now comes with four colors and now supports MagSafe which is now color matching.
Everything about this laptop is great so far but when it comes to the pricing it is a little disappointing. In India, the laptop is priced at 1,09,000 which is 16k more than Apple MacBook Air M1. You can still buy Apple MacBook Air M1 for under 90000 using the Apple student discount in India.
Overall Apple MacBook 2022 has got the best improvements and now gets closer to the budget apple MacBook pro. If you are willing to get one it makes the perfect choice for you.
- Display: 13.6-inch (2560 x 1664 pixels) 224 PPI Liquid Retina display with True Tone, Wide color (P3), 500 nits brightness
- Ram and Storage: 8GB RAM (Configurable up to 24GB), 256GB / 512GB SSD storage (Configurable up to 2TB)
- Processor: Apple M2 chip 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- GPU: 8-core / 10-Core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Magic Keyboard, Touch ID, Force Touch trackpad
- 1080p FaceTime HD Camera
- Four-speaker sound system, Wide stereo sound, Support for Spatial Audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers, Three-mic array with directional beamforming, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Ports: Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for: Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), MagSafe 3 charging port
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 52.6‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery with up to 15 hours of wireless web, up to 18 hours of Apple TV app movie playback, 30W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M2 with 8-core GPU) / 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter (included with M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage, configurable with M2 with 8-core GPU), support for fast charging with 67W USB-C Power Adapter
Apple MacBook Air M1 (Budget Pick)
- Good Display
- Excellent battery life
- Good Price
- webcam can be better
Apple announced its new MacBook in 2020 with its own in-house-built chip called M1 and it became the most powerful and impressive laptop Apple has ever made. It is powerful, it has the best battery life, and it’s thin light, and portable, overall it’s a very good choice for under 80000 rupees in India.
Apple originally priced The 2020 MacBook at 93000 thousand rupees in India but during sales, apple sells it for around 85000. During the non-sale period, apple offer discounts for students in Currently Apple is giving a student discount of up to ₹23,990 on a new Mac and up to ₹7,445 on a new iPad.
Before talking about how to buy an Apple laptop with a discount, here is why the apple MacBook air M1 is my first choice to pick.
The first thing is the design, for years apple laptops have been the best-looking laptops with grey options. Apple’s new M1 MacBook is no different from other apple Intel-based laptops. It has the same exact design with noticeable bezels, a Touch ID fingerprint login, Apple’s revised scissor-switch keyboard, and a massive trackpad.
The reason why I am stressing you to opt for the new Apple MacBook Air M1 is because of the new M1 chip that is blazingly fast and very battery efficient. For context, Apple’s new M1-powered MacBook air beats its own Intel-based MacBook pro models that cost double the price also you can get up to 10 hours of battery life with that performance.
Putting all the best things about this laptop aside, Apple still continues to put the worst webcams in a laptop. The new Apple M1 has a 720p webcam and it’s terrible.
So, that’s it apart from the webcam apple MacBook with M1 is the best and sometimes it’s the only option to go if you are looking to buy a laptop under 80000 or 1 lakh rupees in India. Along with Air apple also announced the pro model with an M1 chip which has the best battery life and touch bar and has slightly better performance. You can choose either of them based on your budget.
Apple Macbook Air M1 specifications
- Display: 13.3-inch (2560 x 1600 pixels) 227 PPI Retina display with True Tone, Wide color (P3), 400 nits brightness
- Ram and Storage: 8GB RAM (Configurable up to 16GB), 256GB / 512GB SSD storage (Configurable up to 2TB)
- Processor: Apple M1 chip 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- GPU: 8-core GPU (7-core GPU in 256GB model), 16-core Neural Engine
- OS: macOS BigSur
- Keyboard: Magic Keyboard, Touch ID, Force Touch trackpad
- Webcam: 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Sound: Stereo speakers, Wide stereo sound, Support for Dolby Atmos playback, Three-mic array with directional beamforming, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Ports: 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports for Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- Network Support: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 49.9‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery with up to 15 hours of wireless web, up to 18 hours of Apple TV app movie playback, 30W USB-C Power Adapter
Apple MacBook Pro 14-inch (Pro)
- Incredible performance
- Beautiful display
- Good battery life
- Good ports selection
- MagSafe charging
The next pick in our list of the 14-inch Apple MacBook Pro which is designed for pro users. The first thing is it’s not cheap. The base variant of this model starts from xxx and all the way to higher
Apple announced these laptops in 2021 with an M1 pro chip. It is the advanced version of M1 which we just saw on the Apple MacBook Air which is listed above. Everything about this laptop is great, be it the display, be it the performance, be it the battery life, everything is great.
Apple MacBook Pro (2021) 14″ and 16″ specifications
- Dimensions: 1.55 x 31.26 x 22.12 cm
- Weight: 1.6kg
- Display: 14.2-inch (3024×1964 pixels) Liquid Retina XDR display at 254 pixels per inch, ProMotion technology for adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, Up to 1,000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness, 1,600 nits peak brightness, 10,00,000:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: M1 Pro chip – 8-core CPU with 6 performance cores and 2 efficiency cores, 14-core GPU / 10-core CPU with 8 performance cores and 2 efficiency cores, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 200GB/s memory bandwidth
- Ram and Storage: Up to 32GB unified memory (Configurable to 64GB (M1 Max))/Up to 1TB SSD ( Configurable to: 2TB, 4TB or 8TB)
- OS: macOS Monterey operating system
- Keyboard: Backlit Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, Ambient light sensor, Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0
- Webcam: 1080p FaceTime HD camera, Advanced image signal processor with computational video
- Studio‑quality three-mic array with high signal-to-noise ratio and directional beamforming, 3.5 mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones, High-fidelity six-speaker sound system with force-canceling woofers, Wide stereo sound
- Sound: Support for spatial audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers, Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Ports: 3 x Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C with support for charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 4 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps), SDXC card slot, HDMI 2.0 port, MagSafe 3 port
- Battery: 100-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery with up to 21 hours of Apple TV app movie playback and up to 14 hours of the wireless web; 140W USB-C Power Adapter, USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
So, those are the list of best Macbooks for students in India. You can get extra discounts on Macbooks using student discounts, Apple also offers free Airpods during “Back to University” days if you buy Mac or iPad at the Apple education store. Here is a quick and easy tutorial on How to buy Macbook with a student discount in India.
How to buy Apple Laptop with Student Discount in India
For a detailed tutorial see our step-by-step Procedure: How to avail Apple student discount in India in 2021 (Updated!)
- Head to the Apple Education Pricing page on your browser. Click on ‘Get Verified with UNIDAYS.’
- On the next page, click on ‘Get Started and sign up with Unidays to verify your age and student status.
- Select your institution, year of study, and course length. Then provide the email ID issued by your university.
- After that, upload the ID issued by your college or university as instructed.
- Once your student status is verified, you’ll be able to access the Apple India Education Store.
Hope you find this list helpful. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.
Join the discussion. Find answers, ask questions, and learn more about Laptops
[dwqa-list-questions category=”Standard Laptop”]
Want to return a product? You can do it safely.
Most of the products we recommend can be purchased from Amazon or Flipkart. If you want to return any product, we have created an ultimate guide to returning products on Amazon or Flipkart. You can also tag us on Twitter at @vinronco or write us at vinron.in/contact us for further assistance.