WhatsApp is a popular private messaging app used by billions of People around the world. You can use WhatsApp to send encrypted messages, view them, and know the message you sent is seen with time. For some reason, if you don’t want other people to know that you have seen the message they sent and want to appear offline even if you are online, here are some possible ways to do that.
In this Guide, we are going to look, at how to appear offline on WhatsApp by making simple changes in the app.
How to appear offline on WhatsApp
Before Going through the tutorial make sure that you are using the latest version of Whatsapp on your smartphone. You can click the links below to visit Apple or Google app stores. Once you updated the app to the latest version follow the steps below.
WhatsApp from Meta is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktops even on slow connections, with no subscription fees
1. Remove Online Status
In a recent update, WhatsApp rolled out new features which allow you to hide online Status even if you are online on WhatsApp.
- Open Whatsapp on your smartphone and click on the three-dot menu at the top
- Now from the list of options, Choose the settings
- Now from the settings, Select Privacy
- Now click on Last seen and Online
- To hide online Whatsapp status, First, you need to hide your Whatsapp last seen. To hide your Whatsapp last seen, from the Who can see my last seen section, Select no body as an option.
- Now from the Who can see When I am online section, Select same as last seen option.
So, this is how you can hide your online Status on Whatsapp.
2. Disable Blue ticks
A blue tick is an integral part of WhatsApp messages, indicating that the recipient has received and viewed the message. If you don’t want to know another person you viewed the message you can simply hide the blue ticks on Whatsapp.
- Open Whatsapp on your smartphone
- Click on the three-dot menu on top and select settings.
- Now click on Privacy
- Now navigate to read receipts
- Now toggle off the read receipts option
So, this is how you can appear offline on WhatsApp. Hope you find this guide helpful. Follow the same steps if you want to revert back to default changes. For more helpful guides you can click the links below. If you have any suggestions you can suggest us at vinron.in/suggestions. For more helpful Guides you can click the links below.